Ohio Fighting Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruff House Jiu Jitsu

2 posters

Go down

Ruff House Jiu Jitsu Empty Ruff House Jiu Jitsu

Post  Jiu Jitsu Panda Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:30 am

Ruff House Jiu Jitsu is located at 1034 Goodale Ave in Granveiw, Ohio.

If you are looking to train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing or MMA look no further. You have found the BEST training center in Ohio. Arthur Ruff’s RuffHouse Training Center is considered throughout the Midwest as the premier place to train in Ohio. Others may offer hype, but we provide results! Arthur is part of Team Carlson Gracie, BJJ Revolution and is a top competitor.

Arthur Ruff is originally from Brazil, has been training in the martial arts since he was five years old, starting with the art of Judo. He trained in Judo for over ten years under Oswaldo Simoes, the first Brazilian to receive a gold medal at the Judo World University Championships. During that time Arthur won numerous competitions that include the Brazilian National and State Judo Championships for the Jr. division.

At the age of 13, he was introduced to the art of Jiu-jitsu and started training under Jiu-Jitsu legend Luiz Carlos Dias, better known as “Manimal.” Manimal is a black belt under another legend of the sport, Professor Carlson Gracie. Manimal acquired his nickname because he was an “animal” of a man whose aggressive style helped him beat competitors much larger than himself. Arthur looked up to Manimal and learned much from him. Arthur’s competitive nature and similar aggressive style helped him win numerous competitions while on the Carlson Gracie team.

In 1997, he moved to San Diego, California, the hometown of his father. Since he moved to the United States, he has been training under another of Carlson Gracie’s black belts, Rodrigo Medeiros, founder of the BJJ Revolution Team. Rodrigo and Arthur are good friends and Arthur continued to progress and learn while training under and teaching for Rodrigo. Rodrigo has helped Arthur polish his style and bring his Jiu-Jitsu game to a higher level.

You can call 602-758-7833 to get full details of our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) and Muay Thai offer. Email aruff@ruffhousejiujitsu.com www.grandviewjiujitsu.com

Jiu Jitsu Panda
Admin

http://www.ocfighting.com

Back to top Go down

Ruff House Jiu Jitsu Empty Re: Ruff House Jiu Jitsu

Post  Coach Rich Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:55 am

I also train at Ruff House Jiu Jitsu and I love it there. While there are certainly lots of guys there who are serious about competing in jui jitsu tournaments and MMA, there are also guys who just want to learn and be more physically fit. I'm one of those guys. Its fair to say that I'm the worst jiu jitsu practitioner in the gym, the most out of shape, and certainly the fattest. But that hasn't seemed to stop anyone from encouraging me and helping me improve. I seem to be getting in a little better shape with every training session I attend and learn something new each time.

Unlike most of the guys in the gym, I'm not training for competition. I just want to learn. This is something I've wanted to do since I first watched Royce Gracie in 1993. I always said it was something I'd get around to doing some day later. But a series of events regarding the health of several of my family members have forced me to realize that there is no tomorrow. If there is something you want to do or learn, do it now.

I checked out a few gyms before joining Ruff House. Arthur completely impressed me. The other gyms just seemed to be giving me a sales pitch. Arthur had a different approach. He took the time to ask me questions. He asked "Why do you want to learn BJJ?" "What are your goals?" And other such questions. This showed me that Arthur was more committed to what he was teaching instead of just making a sale.

Coach Rich

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum